11. Levis (blue jeans) were invented by Reno-based tailor Jacob Davis who shares the patent with Levi Strauss.
12. Lake Tahoe is the second deepest lake in the U.S.
13. Nevada is one of only six states without a lottery.
14. Mark Twain’s writing career began with a position at the Virginia City Territorial Enterprise.
15. Over 42 million people visit Las Vegas each year.
16. It’s illegal to drive a camel on any highway in Nevada, but perfectly legal to do so on a city street.
17. The Stratosphere Tower is the tallest, free-standing observation tower in the U.S.
18. Nevada has over 44,000 acres of man-made reservoirs and over 2,000 miles of streams.
19. Virginia City is believed to be one of the most haunted towns in the U.S.
20. Nevada was the only U.S. state that allowed boxing in 1910.